piątek, 4 lutego 2011

Richard Armitage and Bruce Lee.







What is between Richard and Bruce? Yes...this is really interesting :) . There are 2 things.


One:
When I red about Alexander technique which is Richard using, I had in my mind: I saw this one before.

Richard mentioned about it in:
Sky Magazine October 2008



"I follow the Alexander Technique for 15 minutes each morning. It’s a way of helping my vocal production and control, but when my stress levels are high during filming, it gives me a break. I lie on the floor with a book over my head while I focus on the exercise. On the shoot in South Africa I fell asleep pretty much every time I did it."



Basic:
"The Alexander Technique teaches the skilful "use of the self": how we move, how we stay still, how we breathe, how we learn, how we organise our awareness and focus of attention and, above all, how we choose our reactions in increasingly demanding situations."


The core philosophy of Bruce Lee was to “know yourself.”

1. What are you really thinking about today?
“As you think, so shall you become.”
2. Simplify.
“It’s not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.”
“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.”
3. Learn about yourself in interactions.
“To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person.”
4. Do not divide.
“Take no thought of who is right or wrong or who is better than. Be not for or against.”
5. Avoid a dependency on validation from others.
“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”
“Showing off is the fool’s idea of glory.”
6. Be proactive.
“To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.”
7. Be you.
“Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.”

Two:

Every Richard's supporter can say that Richard is like cameleon, his face, body movement is changing couple of times in one scene.
Richard is using Stanislavski's method.

"Stanislavski's system is a complex method for producing realistic characters; most of today's actors on stage, television, and film owe much to it. Using system, an actor is required to deeply analyze his or her character's motivations. The actor must discover the character's objective in each scene, and a 'super-objective' for the entire play, which can direct and connect an actor's choice of objectives from scene to scene."

"He says: "I did quite a lot of menial jobs. I was a waiter, an inventory clerk touring round properties listing cups and saucers, and a laserquest marshall.
"I also worked front of house at the theatre, which was like some kind of torture - watching other actors, sometimes not very good actors, doing it. I used to sit there with my Stanislavski 'How to Act' books, ripping tickets.
"But I actually enjoyed front of house. When I came to be on the other side of the curtain you really got a feel for who it is coming to the theatre and the sense of event that is about to happen.
"It changed my opinion on how to prepare for theatre.
"What happened with Sparkhouse was that the role was against type and I thought it was up to me to make sure they couldn't give it to anybody else.
"It was the first time I went into an audition in character. It was a minor role but it was something I really got my teeth into and I realised that not getting work was perhaps to do with me and the way I was approaching it. I couldn't go back.
"I knew that I had to approach everything in the same way.""


"Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend." Bruce Lee
 " If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup."


 "You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle."


 You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot.


 Be Water and Know Yourself.

2 komentarze:

Anonimowy pisze...

Interesting post, Jonia. I have read about Bruce Lee but had never seen any things in common between him and RA until you mentioned them! Thanks a bunch for the information RA on Alexander's Method and Stanislavski's method.

Jonia's cut pisze...

Oh :) Hello Anonim :) Thank You for visit and comment. Bruce Lee was great man and wonderful philosopher :) Richard is great man too and wonderful actor :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...