niedziela, 21 sierpnia 2011

Little celebration

I have little celebration today. We call it: "Name day" - imieniny. From Wiki HERE. This is mostly first day with this name in calendar after Your Birthday. But my parents said that they prefer this one day today, because in this same day my granny had her name day ;D but she had different name - Franciszka :). So we had double celebration. Easy to remember for men. Specially my dad. BTW He chose my name after my second grandma, who died before my birthday.
In Poland when You are getting older this is probably the only day which You are celebrating with friends, because some women haven't wish to say how old they are. Birthdays are only for familly ;D

Well the other thing is that with Your name is some kind of connection with your saint patron. My mum was searching and she found that my patron should be Saint Jeanne of the Cross Delanoue (On Saints HERE, On Vatican.va HERE), because her date of death is very closer to my birthday and because she encountered a poor widow and pilgrim from Rennes, named Francoise Fouchet. So my Granny name was Francoise.

Photobucket
(From VATICAN.VA)

But I consider that I'm much more relative with Joan of Arc ;D

Photobucket

Friendly Fires - 'Kiss Of Life'

3 komentarze:

Ania pisze...

Wszystkiego najlepszego w Dniu Imienin i spełnienia wszystkich marzeń!!!

Anonimowy pisze...

Happy Name day - one day before the BIG day ;-)

Jonia's cut pisze...

Thank You Very Much Ania and Alfie :* :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...