wtorek, 13 marca 2012

FanstRAvaganza 2012 - Math - Are Richard Armitage's legs really 3'3" long?

FastRAvaganza 2012 already starting!!!

Today FanstRAvaganza tagteamers are posting!

In freeform: Melanie on why Harry Kennedy is the perfect man
Rose Gisborne on which colors look best on Richard Armitage
Itsjsforme unveils Guy of Gisborne's latest public service announcements (not safe for work!)
In fandom, Fabo on Richard Armitage's statements about fans
Gratiana Lovelace requests help captioning in "I'm Too Sexy for My T-Shirt!"
The Hobbit chain goes creative with The Queen on Hobbit quilts
Mrs. E.B. Darcy on Hobbit action figures!
For King Richard Armitage, IngeD3 reviews the Michael Hicks biography of the fifteenth-century king
In fanfic, John Thornton on why he loves Margaret Hale
Jo Ann introduces us to a new Armitage character she knows we'll love

FanstRAvaganza Core Bloggers:


Nat - Richard Armitage Fan Blog 
Mulubinba - An RA Viewer's Perspective 
Frenzy - RA Frenzy
Judiang - Confessions of a Watcher
Fanny - Distracted Musings of One ReAlity
Bccmee- Bccmee's Fanvids & Graphics
CDoart- RA History & Spooks
Traxy- The Squee
Servetus- Me + Richard Armitage.

Remember to visit


On FACEBOOK - FANSTRAVAGANZA HERE

On Twitter please search for #FanstRA

_________________________________________________________________

YAY!!!!

Welcome on second Armitageness' Lessons of Fangirling

Day 2

Math - Are Richard Armitage's legs really 3'3" long?

Official Richard Armitage's height is 6'2" (188cm).
By using mathematical method of proportion we are able to know how long are parts in real, when we have only photo. This is method which is using by Lego people to making models of famous buildings.
Theoretically leg's length is from crotch to end of the heel. Skeleton from Wikipedia. Photo of Richard from May 4th 2010 BBC Studio.

Photobucket Photobucket

The point is that we should have proper photo. ;D Not only full body, but with good angle of photo, not so high and not so low. Unfortunatelly we are not so lucky in this. Analysing many of Richard's photos and screens I discovered that only some of them are good to study. Mostly on them Richard is standing with legs not together or a little bend. In Spooks season 8 there is one good scene with boiler suit, but I can't post it. So I decided working on this one.

Photobucket

After print and using ruler.

Photobucket Photobucket

So Richard's legs are 3' long, but You should know that this is only lenght Richard's legs on this photo, so we can't be so sure if this is correct result. So studies in this matter not ending now.

Ok maybe something different.
Proportion of Richard's legs to his body.
lenght of the legs/his height*100%
92cm/188cm*100% = 49%
So Richard's legs ratio to his body is almost 50%!!!!

And this is something really....long!

In this article

Sorokowski "Adaptive preferences for leg length in a potential partner"
You can read full studies HERE in PDF

is that more atractive for women are men with shorter legs, but longer chest. Longer legs are more attractive only for 5%.

In this one on Femininebeauty too HERE.

But I consider that they should make their studies one more time, because they don't know about Richard yet ;D and about his fans ;D I personally like long legs very very much ;D

15 komentarzy:

CDoart pisze...

A worthy cause for mathematical science ;o)
Thank you, Jonia, for this funny calculation!

Mulubinba pisze...

Excellent reason to do research Jonia ...lol! I love long legs.

I measure leg length from the bone you can feel at the top of your hip (ASIS) to the ankle bone on the inside of the leg (medial malleolus). This measurement involves ... er.... having to feel for the bone at the front of the hip. To have to do this on someone like RA would make me blush!!!!

Some people measure leg length by measuring the arm span. In the picture of John Porter on the stake, is it possible to measure fingertip to fingertip, I wonder? :)

Anonimowy pisze...

I offer to check if those numbers bare any truth in reality!
I'm willing to take one for the team and head on over to NZ with a tape measure :)

Joanna pisze...

Take me ! take me! take me! :D

Phoebe pisze...

Insanity!

I would like to advance myself as a highly qualified person to properly measure RA's inner seam. Having been trained to tailor clothes, I know how important it is to have this task in THE RIGHT HANDS.

A HANDS ON APPROACH will be highly instrumental in verifying your thesis.

Sorry, but the study of short vs long legs must have been done by men with stumpy legs!

Faboamanto pisze...

Fascinating study Jonia! Confirmation that those long, long, legs are really long. I'm sure you had long hours of studying all those photos of him, thank you for the sacrifice on our behalf.

I also think you should head a team to go to NZ and measure the source and make sure your calculations are correct. I'm sure Richard would want the scientific details to be verified. I volunteer to hold the tape measure, especially measuring that inside leg.

jazzbaby1 pisze...

Damn, I knew I should have taken algebra more seriously.

bccmee pisze...

I want the researchers to revisit the long vs. short legs appeal too! There's no way I agree with that result. :)

I love math! ♥

Ania pisze...

Oh I've never thought about it but I'm impressed by your calculations and you know what, I like the result :)

Anonimowy pisze...

I hate math - but I quite like the legs! Great post, Jonia :D

fitzg

Gratiana Lovelace pisze...

Hi Jonia,
I have often sighed over Richard Armitage's height--and that much of that was due to his leg length. I, too, would want to measure from his hip down to his ankle to get the full length.

Gals, The Hobbit costumers have the best gig on this film shoot--dressing RA. Ha!
Giggles!
Cheers! Grati ;->

Nat at RA FanBlog pisze...

I've never liked math... until now. :)

April pisze...

Great post, I like it. Bravo. :-)

Vec170203 pisze...

oh, science... I love it. They definitely should review the studies or consider the statistical deviation called RA.
I'm short (5'2") but I love tall men.

Jonia's cut pisze...

Hello CDoart, Mulubinba, PinUp, Joanna, Phoebe, Fabo, Jazzbaby, Bccmee, Ania, Fitzg, Gratiana, Nat, April, Vec. :) I'm sorry for this late answer. I was really thinking how to measure lenght of the leg correctly. I found 2 schools of this. One from the bone under hip, second from inside. I consider that when we will do this first his leg will be even something about 7 cm longer, but on photos he is mostly in trousers and I can't see his bone. But for the ratio I should have measure his legs from inside. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...